Welcome to the Earthdata Forum! Here, the scientific user community and subject matter experts from NASA Distributed Active Archive Centers (DAACs), and other contributors, discuss research needs, data, and data applications.
Hello. I'm attempting to bulk order L2 files of a region of interest from L1/L2 browser. Once I place the order, I'm getting the following email from data-ordering system:
This is to inform you that we were unable to stage any files for
This can occur for a few reasons, especially for maps and images. The
region of interest might have been too small and the data too sparse
and/or heavily flagged, i.e. cloudy or glinty, resulting in the mapping
software encountering a no-data-filled condition, where the software is
unable to fill the region with any unflagged data. For orders with a
large number of requested files, this might happen to a fraction of the
files. If the number of requested files is small, the no-data-filled
condition can affect all of the files.
You can try placing a new order with a larger area of interest and
possibly more files.
Any insight into how to resolve the issue is appreciated. Thank you.
I was able to place an order and request extraction for this ROI. I did find you have two recent orders in our system, the latest has the same extraction region, but the requested files do not cover the ROI. So, the system correctly reported that no valid extraction was possible. How did you search for the ROI?
Thanks for responding. Yep! That's a lot of data. I used geographical area extraction tool to extract my ROI.
I was trying to order other ways by enlarging the geographical extent since I got the email stating that " The region of interest might have been too small and the data too sparse and/or heavily flagged". I also aware that the GOM region is cloudy or glinty. Even I tried ordering by reducing the dates like specific year and month but nothing helped.
I could able to place the order successfully but the issue is I'm getting a email that "the order has been removed due the reason: no files could be staged".
The issue is your ROI entered into the geographical extraction section of the data order process did not match the geographic extents of the files returned by the search. What I was asking is what parameters did you used to select the files to order?
The L1/2 browser lets you specify a mission, region and date range. From those results, you have the option of ordering the data - with extraction. The files associated with the order I found for you did not cover the region of interest you selected for extraction. So, I am wondering what parameters you used to do the initial search. If, for example, you searched for data in the south Atlantic, but then request extraction over the Gulf of Maine, you will get the response you received (i.e., no extract possible). I mention south Atlantic, because the scenes in your order covered the south Atlantic. If you search fo data over the Gulf of Maine, and then request extraction for the same region, it should work. I am trying to understand the steps you took to help figure out why it didn't work for you.