Unable to download a subset of GEDI data in the region of interest

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
sweetedelweiss
Answers: 0

Unable to download a subset of GEDI data in the region of interest

by sweetedelweiss » Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:59 pm America/New_York

I want to download a subset of GEDI L1B files in a region in EarthData (after ploygon's cropping) to generate GJSON traces. The full GEDI file is too big for me. I have tried several times but I always prompted:

This page is not working properly.
e8eil01.cr.usgs.gov has not sent any data.
ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

Can you tell me what is wrong with this? What should I do to be able to download a subset of the GEDI files or the GJSON of regional GEDI ?

Tags:

LP DAAC - lien
User Services
User Services
Answers: 0

Re: Unable to download a subset of GEDI data in the region of interest

by LP DAAC - lien » Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:09 pm America/New_York

Hi,
Sorry for the issues with accessing GEDI through Earthdata. Presently, we are not completely sure what is causing the issue, but it is most certainly being addressed. What we do know is this issue only pertains to GEDI data that is requested using the "Customize" option when ordering through Earthdata. The Customize option accesses the data from our Data Pool and sends it to another server for processing; and accessing it from this server is where the problem lies. We believe it is a firewall issue, and are working to resolve this as quickly as possible. Thanks for your patience.

LPDAAC