Cannot find band information in file created using ncl

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
gmansi_107
Answers: 0

Cannot find band information in file created using ncl

by gmansi_107 » Sat May 06, 2023 7:04 am America/New_York

I created nc file, which contains average of MODIS-A 8-day composite data files, using ncra (ncl average function). But I am the new file doesn't show any band in SeaDAS because of which I am unable get the data map in SeaDAS. The file has the information because I am able to plot it in all the other platforms.
How do I make the new file compatible with SeaDAS. I am unable to attach the file with the question for reference.

Tags:

OB SeaDAS - xuanyang02
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert
Answers: 1

Re: Cannot find band information in file created using ncl

by OB SeaDAS - xuanyang02 » Mon May 08, 2023 12:09 pm America/New_York

Can you put your file in the cloud such as Google Drive?

gnwiii
Answers: 2

Re: Cannot find band information in file created using ncl

by gnwiii » Thu May 11, 2023 10:45 am America/New_York

gmansi_107 wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 7:04 am America/New_York I created nc file, which contains average of MODIS-A 8-day composite data files, using ncra (ncl average function). But I am the new file doesn't show any band in SeaDAS because of which I am unable get the data map in SeaDAS. The file has the information because I am able to plot it in all the other platforms.
How do I make the new file compatible with SeaDAS. I am unable to attach the file with the question for reference.
It would help to provide enough detail so others can reproduce the issue: OS, ncl version, ncl command-line used.

SeaDAS NetCDF files follow the CF (Climate and Forecast) metadata conventions. These are newer than NCL. When I used NCL for a project years ago (also doing time averages), extra steps were needed to rename variables and attributes to use CF names.