Query the date and location of MISR files

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
liuzihan123
Answers: 0

Query the date and location of MISR files

by liuzihan123 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:08 am America/New_York

I have downloaded a large amount of data(MIL2ASLS.003), and I need to process the data according to the location and time information. May I ask how to obtain the time and location information of the data?

Filters:

ASDC - cheyenne.e.land
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert
Answers: 1

Re: Query the date and location of MISR files

by ASDC - cheyenne.e.land » Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:27 pm America/New_York

Hello,

Thank you for you interest in MISR data.

You can obtain the date and path of the data based on the naming convention of the file.

For MIL2ASLS.003, the naming convention is MISR_AM1_AS_LAND_Pnnn_Onnnnnn_Fnn_nnnn.nc

Pnnn corresponds to the orbit path. The orbit path will give you the path and the start date/end date for each granule. The MISR Browse Tool can get you this information by clicking on the 'Path' tab at the top. Also, click here to learn more about MISR paths.

Onnnnnn is the absolute orbit number. The orbit number can get you the start date/end date for each granule. To retrieve the this information you can use the MISR Browse Tool or the MISR Orbit Tool.

Note: Just be aware MISR Orbit Tool uses the orbit start time to assign orbits to a date, while the MISR Browse Tool will report any orbit that either starts or finishes on that date.

Fnn is the is the file format version number.

nnnn is the file content version number.

If you would like to learn more information about MISR's file naming go to MISR's Data Product Specifications.

Thanks,
ASDC