This TOPEX/POSEIDON GDR-F product benefits from:
- Ground reprocessing of the TOPEX altimeter data based on a numerical retracking of the echoes, with MLE-4 and MLE-3 solutions for Ku band and an MLE-3 solution for C band. This approach has been developed to apply modern ground retracking to the altimeter data and to mitigate the impact of degradation in the altimeter instrument, especially for the TOPEX Side A altimeter, on the science data.
- Ground reprocessing of the POSEIDON altimeter data based on retracking of the echoes, with MLE-4 and MLE-3 solutions for Ku band starting June 12, 1996 (cycle 137).
- Two new computations of the satellite orbit ephemeris based on recent processing standards from NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) and CNES, and in the 2014 International Terrestrial Reference Frame (ITRF).
- Reprocessing of the TOPEX Microwave Radiometer (TMR) data using the best available end-of-mission calibration.
- Non-parametric Sea State Bias models for the TOPEX altimeter that are self-consistent with the reprocessed data products. These include a 2-D model from the University of Colorado, Boulder, and a 3-D model from the University of New Hampshire.
- BM4 Sea State Bias models for the POSEIDON altimeter that are self-consistent with the reprocessed data products.
- Updated models for the geophysical and environmental corrections consistent with the GDR-F standards of other altimeter missions.
To read entire announcement, please see: