Accessing and Requesting Commercial Smallsat Data:Do I need permission to publish my work outside of NASA?

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
Earthdata - wxedward
User Services
User Services
Answers: 22

Accessing and Requesting Commercial Smallsat Data:Do I need permission to publish my work outside of NASA?

by Earthdata - wxedward » Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:46 pm America/New_York

Do I need permission to publish my work outside of NASA?
by Earthdata - wxedward » Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:47 pm America/New_York
For Planet, Spire, Airbus U.S., and Teledyne Brown Engineering data users: authorized users of the data should send a courtesy copy of the publication(s) to the vendor.

For Maxar data, authorized users of the data must obtain approval for public use (publications, presentations, etc.) from the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA). Please complete the Maxar Public Use Form before using the imagery in the public domain.

For EarthDEM, screenshots and figures of DEM products can be used in publications without restriction.

Screenshots from SDX should follow proper acknowledgment guidance.

Please refer to the vendor specific end user license agreements (EULAs) for more information.
Go to full post

Filters:

Earthdata - wxedward
User Services
User Services
Answers: 22

Re: Accessing and Requesting Commercial Smallsat Data:Do I need permission to publish my work outside of NASA?

by Earthdata - wxedward » Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:47 pm America/New_York

For Planet, Spire, Airbus U.S., and Teledyne Brown Engineering data users: authorized users of the data should send a courtesy copy of the publication(s) to the vendor.

For Maxar data, authorized users of the data must obtain approval for public use (publications, presentations, etc.) from the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA). Please complete the Maxar Public Use Form before using the imagery in the public domain.

For EarthDEM, screenshots and figures of DEM products can be used in publications without restriction.

Screenshots from SDX should follow proper acknowledgment guidance.

Please refer to the vendor specific end user license agreements (EULAs) for more information.