Token issues

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
vikasnataraja
Answers: 0

Token issues

by vikasnataraja » Wed May 01, 2024 11:32 pm America/New_York

I'm trying to download the geometaVIIRS and geometa data text files. I have my own pipeline set up to do so and have not had issues until today when I starting getting errors. Further probing led to locating the error up to my Earthdata account and when I log in and select "Generate token", it throws the following error message:

We are currently having issues generating your token. Please try again later or contact MODAPS Support with any questions.

The following information may be useful:

The specific URL for the page or data set you were attempting to access: https://nrt3.modaps.eosdis.nasa.gov/archive/geoMetaVIIRS/5200/NPP/2024
The date and time you accessed our site: May 1, 2024 at 6:30pm ET
The general type of research you are conducting: Satellite data visualization
Your access method (browser, wget, curl, please include version numbers): curl 7.87.0 & wget 1.21.4 (curl downloads an html version instead of the text file without error, wget throws an error immediately about the authentication)
Operating system, name and version number: macOS Sonoma 14.4 (M2 chip) as well as RHEL 7

Filters:

LAADS_UserServices_M
User Services
User Services
Answers: 1

Re: Token issues

by LAADS_UserServices_M » Thu May 02, 2024 6:57 am America/New_York

This is because support for all authentication tokens generated on nrt3, nrt4, or ladsweb website had been discontinued starting May 1, 2024. Please refer to the following post for information:
https://ladsweb.modaps.eosdis.nasa.gov/alerts-and-issues/138007
Regards,
LAADS User Services

To receive news from LAADS DAAC direct to your inbox, email laadsdaac-join@lists.nasa.gov with “subscribe” in the subject line.