unmatched tif dimensions

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
perigeolee
Answers: 0

unmatched tif dimensions

by perigeolee » Thu May 23, 2024 2:35 am America/New_York

Hi all, I am using AppEEARS to download ECOSTRESS data for a specific shapefile, but I have encountered an issue with the dimensions of the downloaded images. For instance, the ECOSTRESS data for April 2020 in this specific region comprises seven files, with four files having dimensions of 434x667 and three files having dimensions of 434x666. Can anyone advise how to resolve such an issue? Thanks!

Filters:

LP DAAC - dgolon
User Services
User Services

Re: unmatched tif dimensions

by LP DAAC - dgolon » Thu May 23, 2024 9:01 am America/New_York

Hello @perigeolee Could you please let us know your AppEEARS order number or the email address you used to create the order? You can either reply to this post and select "Submit as private post" or email as directly at lpdaac@usgs.gov as we'd like to look into this. Thanks --Danielle
Subscribe to the LP DAAC listserv by sending a blank email to lpdaac-join@lists.nasa.gov.

Sign up for the Landsat listserv to receive the most up to date information about Landsat data: https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/USDOIGS/subscriber/new#tab1.

perigeolee

by perigeolee » Fri May 24, 2024 7:23 am America/New_York

Hi Danielle, thanks a lot for the kind help! I didn't find an order number as you mentioned, but I found the ID of the request: 65446d3c-79a0-462b-897d-2e7bd1c60f9c. Let me know if you need further information.

LP DAAC - dgolon
User Services
User Services

by LP DAAC - dgolon » Fri May 24, 2024 10:54 am America/New_York

Thank you for providing that request ID. Our developers are taking a look. Please note: we have a holiday coming up here. so responses may be delayed but we should have an answer by mid-week next week. Thanks -- Danielle
Subscribe to the LP DAAC listserv by sending a blank email to lpdaac-join@lists.nasa.gov.

Sign up for the Landsat listserv to receive the most up to date information about Landsat data: https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/USDOIGS/subscriber/new#tab1.

LP DAAC - dgolon
User Services
User Services

by LP DAAC - dgolon » Thu May 30, 2024 10:16 am America/New_York

Hi @perigeolee Here is what I heard back from the team. This is expected behavior. This stems from the fact that we do not map ECOSTRESS version 1 scenes to a common grid. Each scene is mapped to its own unique grid based on the spatial parameter for that ECOSTRESS scene. This has a couple implications. First, the origin points for the ECOSTRESS outputs will very slightly cause an observable shift in the grids from scene to scene. Second, the pixels from scene to scene do not align/snap together. If your analysis relies on these data being snapped, you will first need to map the outputs to a common grid. If you need identical dimensions across all of the files, you'll likely need to clip those re-gridded scenes to your AOI. ECOSTRESS version Gridded products are supposed to address this as they are all mapped to a common grid. Version 2 data is still be processed and delivered to the LP DAAC, so the collection is not quite complete for the Gridded products, but they could be an option if they meet your spatiotemporal requirements.

perigeolee

by perigeolee » Fri May 31, 2024 12:59 am America/New_York

Thanks for the detailed explanation!