Pixel extration over a transect on L2 MODISA images

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
cedric
Answers: 0

by cedric » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:40 am America/New_York

Hey,

I would like to look at pixel values over a transect that I would to draw directly on the L2 images. I'm using SeaDAS 7.3.2 on Windows 7. I didn't find any way to do that. I looked on the forum and I found nothing (maybe I'm blind ...). I didn't find an easy way with pixel extraction tool, except if I put pins all the way and clicking on each pixel. Is there a function to draw a line to select the pixels? I tried the Line drawing tool but it seems it doesn't select the pixel.

Any advice?
Thanks in advance

Tags:

OB SeaDAS - knowles
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert

by OB SeaDAS - knowles » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:30 am America/New_York

After you draw your line vector, with your desired data band open and the vector selected, use the Profile Plot tool (Select the icon or find it under the Analysis menu).  This will show a plot of the values along the full pixel path of your selected vector.  You can adjust the box size (to generate means and sigmas).  Click the "Switch to Table View" icon within the Profile Plot GUI and you can view and cut and paste the data.  If you have more than one line vector then you will need to use the selector tool to select the desired vector.

The Profile Plot tool is commonly used for tracking ship path data with a SeaBASS file used as the input file.  In this case, the user doesn't need to manually draw a line as the shiptrack vector of the course of the ship gets automatically created when loading the SeaBASS file.

Danny

cedric

by cedric » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:40 am America/New_York

Thanks Danny.

I tried this tool before posting my message but it didn't work when I used it. But it's perfect now, it's what I need.

Thanks for the quick answer.

OB SeaDAS - knowles
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert

by OB SeaDAS - knowles » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:59 pm America/New_York

Hi Cedric

I'm not clear on your response.  This tool does work or doesn't work for you?

Danny

cedric

by cedric » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:43 am America/New_York

Sorry for my English.

It works perfectly. I meant I tried the tool before posting my message and I didn't use it correctly as I didn't get the transect. But with your explanation, it's good now.

Thanks for the help