ancillary data selection rules

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
andrew.meredith
Answers: 0

by andrew.meredith » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:36 am America/New_York

I am attempting to process MODIS L0 data in a concurrent processing environment using SeaDAS v7.4 processing routines. I saw Martin's post and Sean's suggestions in https://oceancolor.gsfc.nasa.gov/forum/oceancolor/topic_show.pl?pid=24893;hl=concurrent%20processing for preventing my IP address from being blocked. To implement that i need to know the rules for identification of att/eph files for NRT and refined re-processing. Do you have any details on that?

Thanks,
Andrew

Tags:

OB.DAAC - SeanBailey
User Services
User Services
Answers: 1

by OB.DAAC - SeanBailey » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:21 am America/New_York

Andrew,

To implement either of the two options I suggested to Martin, you do not need to know the rules for identifying NRT or definitive ancillary data.
The rules are quite complex (overly so, if I were to have an opinion on the subject...), but the underlying goal is to select the 'best available'.  Since
(in total for the soup-to-nuts affair) there are a variety of primary and secondary sources, each having it's own schedule of availability and applicability,
knowing which set is 'best available' at any given time (but particularly in NRT) is a wee bit of a monster.  We've tamed that monster, so all you should
need to do is trust the result of the getanc.py script. 

Your issue is not identifying the files, but doing so in the most efficient manner, and having individual machines in a cluster all act alone is not
the most efficient approach.  Reread my response to Martin and see if you can make either of the two options work for your environment.

Sean