I noticed a difference in the Aqua MODIS L3M 4 km daily chlorophyll-a data for the Mississippi Bight (Northern Gulf of America) during summer 2025 (may to September).
The dataset I downloaded in May 2026 shows higher chlorophyll-a values, whereas the dataset I downloaded in September 2026 shows lower values for the exact same dates.
Could this difference be related to the mini-reprocessing conducted in July 2026, or was there any calibration or processing change that may have affected the chlorophyll-a values?
Differences in Aqua MODIS L3M 4 km daily chlorophyll-a data
-
aravindp122
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2026 1:27 pm America/New_York
-
OB.DAAC - SeanBailey
- User Services

- Posts: 74
- Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2024 8:43 am America/New_York
- Endorsed: 5 times
Re: Differences in Aqua MODIS L3M 4 km daily chlorophyll-a data
Yes, this is related to the mini-reprocessing, which was a updated to the temporal calibration.
Regards,
Sean
Regards,
Sean