My subscriptions are empty

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
jstum
Answers: 0

by jstum » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:58 am America/New_York

Hello,

I created new MODIS L1 subscriptions (2925, 2926, 2972, 2973) some time ago, but they are still empty
I also see that on the page https://oceandata.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/subscriptions/list, they appear as "Extraction Requests" : I just hope that granules are not geographically extracted to the area (i.e., they may contain less than 6 mn of data).

Thanks

Jacques

Tags:

OB ODPS - towens
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert

by OB ODPS - towens » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:01 pm America/New_York

These requests were submitted as extracted subscriptions. As such the data are on the FTP site:
e.g.:
ftp://samoa.gsfc.nasa.gov/subscriptions/MODISA/XM/jstum/2925/
ftp://samoa.gsfc.nasa.gov/subscriptions/MODIST/XM/jstum/2926/

Tommy

jstum

by jstum » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:21 am America/New_York

Hi Tommy,

It seems to have a problem on your side with the subscription creation : I asked for a non extracted subscription, but the final result is that I get an extracted subscription. Moreover, I asked for MODIS Level1 data, but when looking at the characteristics of my subscription, the Level 1 button is disabled, I just receive the png files by e-mail (which I don't need).
Could you have a look at it ?
Thank you,

Jacques

OB.DAAC - SeanBailey
User Services
User Services
Answers: 1

by OB.DAAC - SeanBailey » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:49 am America/New_York

Jacques,

There are two forms of data subscription both served by the same order form.  The default is for an extracted/mapped data subscription.
You have to select at least one of the product types in the top section (NetCDF/HDF Data Files) of the subscription form to get non-extracted subscriptions.

You can delete these erroneously placed extracted subscriptions and create new non-extracted versions.  Be sure to uncheck the 'Chlorophyll' product which is defaulted to in the "Extracted Map Images (PNG)" section.

Regards,
Sean

jstum

by jstum » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:10 am America/New_York

Sean,

I already did it before (checking 'L1' in the top section). Anyway, I did as you proposed to do (delete the existing extracted susbscriptions, and create new ones by checking 'L1' in the top section, and unchecking 'Chlorophyl' and 'SST' in the 'Extracted Map Images (PNG)' section.
I had a message 'subscription successfully created'
It was 3 hours ago, but just now I don't see any new subscription when I click on 'View my subscriptions'
When I click on 'View my regions' however, I can see regions that correspond to the areas I asked for my new subscriptions. Are my data there ?

Regards,

Jacques

OB.DAAC - SeanBailey
User Services
User Services
Answers: 1

by OB.DAAC - SeanBailey » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:31 pm America/New_York

Jacques,

If you're subscription was indeed successfully entered (ignoring what the script may report) it would show up when you look at your subscription list.
As a test, I created a new, non-extracted subscription - and for me it worked.

I looked at your account and I do not see a new subscription, so something did not go as planned.  Can you verify the steps you took?  As it is now I do not
see an issue with the subscription process, but obviously if you tried to create a subscription and were presented with a "success" message but don't have a
new subscription entered ...something is amiss...

Sean

jstum

by jstum » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:15 am America/New_York

Sean, please find enclosed a pdf file showing the different steps I used. I hope you will find the mistake...
Thanks,
Jacques
attachment 1

jasonlefler

by jasonlefler » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:47 pm America/New_York

First of all, thank you for the clear and detailed steps to reproduce the error; that was invaluable.  The problems you were seeing should be resolved.  Some time ago, we combined the extracted and non-extracted data sections into one and it seems a variable somewhere or other wasn't changed along with the rest of it.  If you run into any other problems, please don't hesitate to shout.  And thank you for your patience, it took longer than expected to track this issue down.

Jason