Sentinel 3A OLCI L2 data?

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
mattupton
Answers: 0

by mattupton » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:16 am America/New_York

Hello, re-posting a question that I sent in early May, but never got a response from.

Curious as to the status of providing and serving Level 2 OLCI netCDF Near Real Time data on your end with a Chl_a product available?   I was told at the end of Feb. that it would likely be by April or May.  Now that it is August hopefully you guys are really close to hosting the NRT L2 Sentinel 3 OLCI products?  Just so much easier/quicker for us and our smaller computers to download and process L2's than the larger L1B passes.  Would be neat to at least make a few available for some of us to test out and see how the Chl_a and ocean color data etc... data looks like.  Let us know,

Thanks,
Matt

Tags:

OB.DAAC - SeanBailey
User Services
User Services
Answers: 1

by OB.DAAC - SeanBailey » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:48 am America/New_York

Matt,

Our current funding only supports the distribution of the L1B data for Sentinel-3 OLCI.  We have a proposal in to provide funding for processing and distribution of L2 and above, and are awaiting the response from those who control the purse strings.  That said, the processing capability was included in the last release of SeaDAS (although GUI support has yet to be added). :grin:

Sean

mattupton

by mattupton » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:51 pm America/New_York

Ok, thanks Sean, good luck on the funding.  In the meantime then, do you guys have any links/instructions/suggestions on where to get NRT Sentinel 3A OLCI Ocean Color Chl_a data in a netCDF or HDF Level 2 manageable or similar format from ESA or elsewhere?  

Please keep us updated,

Thanks again,

Matt

OB.DAAC - SeanBailey
User Services
User Services
Answers: 1

by OB.DAAC - SeanBailey » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:53 pm America/New_York

ESA has their Sentinel science data hub:
https://scihub.copernicus.eu/

L2 data from ESA was made available last month.  I found some on the "S3 PreOps Hub"...

Sean

mattupton

by mattupton » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:08 pm America/New_York

Excellent will check it out, knew about the Data hub, but last I checked back in the spring, still lagging NRT and no easy useable data formats.  Thanks,
Matt