subscription access issue

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
adybbroe
Answers: 0

by adybbroe » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:24 am America/New_York

Morning,

We have had problems retrieving Terra&Aqua MODIS level-2 products for at least the last three days via our subscriptions with id's 2113 and 1527.

The following two commands give this output:
No URLs found in -.

wget -q -N -i --no-if-modified-since --post-data="subID=1527&subType=2&addurl=1&results_as_file=1&sdate=`date --date="yesterday" +"%Y-%m-%d"`" -O - https://oceandata.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/api/file_search | wget -N -i -

wget -q -N -i --no-if-modified-since --post-data="subID=2113&subType=2&addurl=1&results_as_file=1&sdate=`date --date="yesterday" +"%Y-%m-%d"`" -O - https://oceandata.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/api/file_search | wget -N -i -

Do you know what might have happenned, and do you have any mitigation advice?

-Adam

Tags:

OB.DAAC - SeanBailey
User Services
User Services
Answers: 1

by OB.DAAC - SeanBailey » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:47 am America/New_York

Adam,

Sure it's only been three days?  The subscription info indicates that those two subscriptions expired on 30 September 2018.  There is one other (a VIIRS one, subscription ID 2253) associated with the same account that is to expire 29 January 2019.  

You can modify the subscription to change the end date (or let me know and we can do it for you).

Sean

adybbroe

by adybbroe » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:38 pm America/New_York

Hi,

Many thanks for the quick response!
It is a product we use mainly in our summer season, so that explains why we react so late. And, we could just see that the job had failed for at least the last three days.
So, it sounds very likely that it was the end of subscription that is the only reason.

Where and how can we change the subscription deadlines for next time?
For now, please, go ahead and extent all three subscriptions. Thanks!

What is a reasonable end date?

A stop in the autumn fits us well, for the reasons explained above. So, put September 30, for a year greater than 2018.

Best regards
Adam

OB.DAAC - SeanBailey
User Services
User Services
Answers: 1

by OB.DAAC - SeanBailey » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:52 pm America/New_York

Adam,

I have updated the stop date to 31 December 2019 for subscriptions 1527, 2113 and 2253.  These subscriptions are associated with  Jorgen Oberg's NASA Earthdata account.
He can log into https://oceandata.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/subscriptions/  to see these (as well as add new or modify existing) subscriptions.

In the not-to-distant future, we will be implementing a regular subscription reconfirmation process - hopefully when that is in place, you will be able to ensure you're getting what you expect when you expect it as well be sending reminders :grin:

Regards,
Sean

adybbroe

by adybbroe » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:19 am America/New_York

Very well, thanks a lot for the help!
That sounds promising.

-Adam