Location points on seadas whose x-y coordinates are available

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
manzar1428
Answers: 0

by manzar1428 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:03 pm America/New_York

Hello,
I want to locate points on seadas whose x-y coordinate is available in excel sheet. Those points are the station where in-situ measurement of chlorophyll-a concentration has been done. I want to open MODIS level-2 image showing chlorophyll-a concentration in a region and on top of that I want to locate all the points. Please guide me how I can do it on the seadas platform.
I am working on windows platform.

Thank you,
Mohd Manzar Abbas
Florida International University

Tags:

gnwiii
Answers: 2

by gnwiii » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:55 pm America/New_York

SeaDAS 7 has a number of tools to help work with field data, See the "Field Measurements" section of the Help window, or SeaDAS 7 Help.   In general you will have to write your Excel data to an ASCII file usiing either SeaBASS or SeaDAS 6.x track format.  You can also use the CSV file import, following the format documention in the Help system.  SeaDAS can generate various plots to compare satelite to in situ values.  In our lab we often extract image data to ASCII files using the Pixel Extraction Tool or command-line (gpt) PixEx.  this allows us to do plotting and statistical calculations with a dedicated stats package such as R.

SeaDAS 7 OCSSW (for linux and macOS only) also provides fd_matchup.py -- see: Find Matchup python script