Processing version meaning of VIIRS products

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
pgarnesson
Answers: 0

by pgarnesson » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:54 am America/New_York

Hi,
I have remarked different processing version for "similar" VIIRSN level 2 product,
what is the meaning of the "P" at the ned of the tag "pversion":
for instance:
V2017190051800.L2_SNPP_OC.nc =>  /processing_control/input_parameters/NC_GLOBAL#pversion=2014.0.2QLP
V2017190065400.L2_SNPP_OC.nc =>  /processing_control/input_parameters/NC_GLOBAL#pversion=2014.0.2QL
Thank you in advance.
Philippe

Tags:

OB ODPS - towens
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert

by OB ODPS - towens » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:21 pm America/New_York

The QLP products are Preliminary Quick Look products that are produced from the VIIRS L0 session files with available ancillary data including predicted data and climatology.

The QLP are replaced within about two hours by the QL which are Quick Look products that are produced from the VIIRS L0 time-based files with whatever ancillary data are available at production time.

Those QL files will be replaced in about 16 days with the pversion=2014.0.2 refined products that use all refined ancillary data.

Tommy

gbarrot

by gbarrot » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:24 am America/New_York

Hi,
is there any way to know from an option of the query on-line command if a product is QL or QLP?
As the product names are the same, I don't know how to distinguish them except by checking the files dates but I have this information only after downloading the files.
Thanks,
Gilbert

OB ODPS - towens
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert

by OB ODPS - towens » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:35 am America/New_York

Not at this time. We have discussed having different file names for the QLP and QL and may implement this in the future.

If you set up a non-extracted subscription to the QL data, that subscription query will only return QL file names.

Tommy

gbarrot

by gbarrot » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:12 am America/New_York

Thanks, I will try to implement this.