Question building ocssw - missing header files

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
schmidtga
Answers: 0

by schmidtga » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:48 pm America/New_York

I am building the OCSSW software on a Virtual Machine running CentOS, following these steps: http://seadas.gsfc.nasa.gov/build_ocssw.html.  I ran
install_ocssw.py --oli --src

My goal is to get the OLI-specific files as well as the latest version of the source code.  Looking at install_ocssw.py, that should give me version 7.5.  Question: is this a stable version of the source code?  Or should I specify a git-version such as 7.4?  In particular, I want to be able to process OLI data products using the most up-to-date l2gen, and maybe run a few other apps to generate ocean color products for OLI data.

I was able to build the 3rd party files, particularly after switching to cmake3 for hdf5.  I am currently trying to build the ocssw software, however I'm running into issues with the header files.  (cd $OCSSWROOT/build; mkdir cbuild; cd cbuild; cmake ..; make -j 20; make install)
1. The header files in ocssw/build/include are, in some cases, different from the same header file in oel_hdf4/* or oel_util/*.
2. When building the l2gen code, the Calibrate_Viirs_Connector.h file (required by l1_viirs_nc.c) is missing.  I am not finding it in any of the subdirectories under ocssw/build/src and I don't find it in ocssw/build/include.
[ 17%] Building C object src/l2gen/CMakeFiles/l1det2det.dir/l1_viirs_nc.c.o
~/ocssw/build/src/l2gen/l1_viirs_nc.c:11:39: fatal error: Calibrate_Viirs_Connector.h: No such file or directory
#include <Calibrate_Viirs_Connector.h>

Any feedback on what I may be doing wrong, or if I need a different version of the ocssw software, would be greatly appreciated.

Tags:

OB.DAAC - SeanBailey
User Services
User Services
Answers: 1

by OB.DAAC - SeanBailey » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:46 pm America/New_York

The current official release is v7.4, but that one does not have the tweaks necessary to process the OLI "Collection 1" data. 
Are you stuck with CentOS as the VM? The binaries in 7.5 - which were built on Ubuntu16.04 work for the "new" OLI data.
they *may* work on CentOS, though... If they don't and you can't switch the VM to Ubuntu, you may have to wait until we
officially release 7.5

Sean

schmidtga
Answers: 0

by schmidtga » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:49 pm America/New_York

Thanks Sean.  I tried the binaries in 7.5, but I get errors regarding GLIBCXX.  Thus, I haven't been successful using them in CentOS.  I will see if I can switch to Ubuntu or update libstdc++.

l2gen: /lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found (required by l2gen)
l2gen: /lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (required by l2gen)
l2gen: /lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (required by /home/gschmidt/ocssw/bin/../opt/lib/libpugixml.so.1)