MODIS Chl-a Oc3, GIOP and GSM
Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:48 pm America/New_York
Good afternoon!
I have been working with MODIS chl-a derived from OC3, GIOP and GSM algorithms in coastal waters. I have downloaded the L1 from the website and after processed them to L2 in Seadas. The problem is that for the same image/date with no clouds, GIOP and GSM results in failed pixels or masked pixels for big areas, when OC3 does not. I suppose it is because OC3 is empirical, and GIOP and GSM are semi-analytical and the processes are different, but I wonder if there is someway of solving it?
Thank you very much for your time,
Have a nice day!
Ana.
I have been working with MODIS chl-a derived from OC3, GIOP and GSM algorithms in coastal waters. I have downloaded the L1 from the website and after processed them to L2 in Seadas. The problem is that for the same image/date with no clouds, GIOP and GSM results in failed pixels or masked pixels for big areas, when OC3 does not. I suppose it is because OC3 is empirical, and GIOP and GSM are semi-analytical and the processes are different, but I wonder if there is someway of solving it?
Thank you very much for your time,
Have a nice day!
Ana.
