Sentinel image reprojection

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
mlzoffoli
Answers: 0

by mlzoffoli » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:27 am America/New_York

Hello! there is any way to reproject in Seadas Sentinel3 Level2 images that I downloaded from Eumetsat website? I can open all the bands in Seadas, but only geo_coordinates.nc seems to be a suitable product to be reprojected (such projection works very slow but perfectly). How can I reproject S3 reflectances, for instance? If not in Seadas, wich other software I could use?
Also, I used those reflectances for another processing in ENVI (adding the map_info containing in geo_coordinates file). In this case, Seadas recognize this product and runs a reprojection, but it doesn't work actually. There is any way that Seadas looks at the information contained in the geo_coordinates file?

Well, any suggestion will be very welcome!
cheers,
Laura

Tags:

OB SeaDAS - knowles
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert

by OB SeaDAS - knowles » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:05 am America/New_York

Hi Laura,

Try the SNAP software: http://step.esa.int/main/toolboxes/snap/ 
SeaDAS 7.x does not specifically support ESA Sentinel3 Level2 data.

Once you've loaded and reprojected your file within SNAP, you may be able to export your reprojected file in the BEAM-DIMAP format and load it into SeaDAS.  I have not actually tried this, but I think it should work.  Some of the core code in SNAP and SeaDAS is the same or similar.   SeaDAS does contain a lot of features not available in SNAP (and vice-versa).

SeaDAS 8 will be more closely tied and compatible with SNAP.

Danny

mlzoffoli

by mlzoffoli » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:08 pm America/New_York

Thanks Danny! it worked in SNAP!

best,
Laura