build seadas 7.5 error

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
xpf7622
Answers: 0

build seadas 7.5 error

by xpf7622 » Mon May 28, 2018 3:38 am America/New_York

when I Build the SeaDAS Science Processing Code?the following error occurred Who can help me find the cause of the problem

libtool: link: gfortran -I../fortran -I../fortran -m64 -ffixed-line-length-none -fconvert=big-endian -fno-automatic -O3 -Wl,-rpath=/home/pfxie/ocssw/build/lib3/lib -Wl,-rpath=\$ORIGIN/../lib -Wl,-rpath=\$ORIGIN/../opt/lib -o .libs/ftst_groups ftst_groups.o f03lib_f_interfaces.o f03lib.o handle_err.o  -L/home/pfxie/ocssw/build/lib3/lib ../fortran/.libs/libnetcdff.so /home/pfxie/ocssw/build/lib3/lib/libnetcdf.so -lhdf5_hl -lhdf5 /home/pfxie/ocssw/build/lib3/lib/libsz.so -lm -lz -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/home/pfxie/ocssw/build/lib3/lib
gfortran -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../libsrc   -DpgiFortran  -I../fortran   -I../fortran -m64 -ffixed-line-length-none -fconvert=big-endian -fno-automatic  -O3 -c -o ftst_path.o ftst_path.F
ftst_path.F:28:72:

if ((path_len /= LEN(FILE_NAME)) .OR.                             &
Error: Syntax error in expression at (1)
ftst_path.F:41:72:

ftst_path.F:55:72:

ftst_path.F:68:72:

Makefile:1281: recipe for target 'ftst_path.o' failed
make[2]: *** [ftst_path.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/pfxie/ocssw/opt/src/netcdf/netcdf-fortran-4.4.4/nf_test'
Makefile:1814: recipe for target 'check-am' failed
make[1]: *** [check-am] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/pfxie/ocssw/opt/src/netcdf/netcdf-fortran-4.4.4/nf_test'
Makefile:534: recipe for target 'check-recursive' failed
make: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
***** make check failed *****
***** BuildIt (netcdf) failed *****

Tags:

gnwiii
Answers: 2

build seadas 7.5 error

by gnwiii » Mon May 28, 2018 6:47 am America/New_York

Building the OCSSW 3rd party libraries from source can be a big job and may require changes (e.g., compiler versions) that conflict with other things you run. If you are building because of a problem running the NASA binaries you may be better off fixing that problem (which may well prevent you from running locally compiled binaries as well) or upgrading to a more recent OS version (which can help with https connection issues and should bring security improvements).

Errors at the netcdf testing stage often stem from some previous problem in the netcdf build.  You should mention your platform and compiler version, any changes you made to "BuildIt.env", and provide the complete output from the netcdf BuildIt script.  I suggest changing to the netcdf directory ("/home/pfxie/ocssw/opt/src/netcdf"), which should contain a BuildIt script and the source files.  Run: "./BuiltIt > BuiltIt.log 2>&1 &".  This will run the build in the background and save the output to "BuildIt.log".   The log will be big, so  if you don't find the underlying problem, attach the log to a followup post.  If you are using an oddball configuration you may get better support from the netcdf people.

xpf7622

build seadas 7.5 error

by xpf7622 » Mon May 28, 2018 10:18 am America/New_York

thank you! my os and complieer
DISTRIB_RELEASE=16.04
DISTRIB_CODENAME=xenial
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS"
GCC?(Ubuntu 5.4.0-6ubuntu1~16.04.9) 5.4.0 20160609
other complier version is the same as GCC.
I complier src from the url: https://seadas.gsfc.nasa.gov/build_ocssw/

OB SeaDAS - dshea
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert

build seadas 7.5 error

by OB SeaDAS - dshea » Mon May 28, 2018 12:51 pm America/New_York

For the VIIRS libraries that we distribute, you need to compile with gcc-4.8.  The ABI for C++ changed at version 5.

with Ubuntu 16.04 and the requirements installed, these instructions will build easily.

https://seadas.gsfc.nasa.gov/build_ocssw/

don