String index out of range -1 error in Seadas

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
3sunanda.m
Answers: 0

by 3sunanda.m » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:10 am America/New_York

Dear All

I am trying for "Main Menu>OCSSW> l2brsgen" tool in seadas 7.5.1using MYD09 V6 data and facing the error below:

execution exception: java.io.IOException: l2brsgen failed with exit code 1.
Check log for more details.
-E- clo_getOptionString: option=ifile needs to be set

Also, when I tried for RGB I received similar error "java.lang.string.indexoutofboundsexception" "string index out of range:-1"

Please provide any solution to fix this.

Regards

Sunanda

Tags:

OB.DAAC - SeanBailey
User Services
User Services
Answers: 1

by OB.DAAC - SeanBailey » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:42 am America/New_York

Sunanda,

The l1brsgen code works on MOD02 files not MOD09 files. Yes, the error is a bit misleading, but if you provide a valid MOD02 and MOD03 file to the GUI, it works.
The index out of bounds issue is separate and will be addressed separately....stay tuned :wink:

Sean

3sunanda.m

by 3sunanda.m » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:54 am America/New_York

Dear Sean

Thank you for the solution but for RGB composition also if I want for level 2 products I am facing the similar issue. Kindly provide any suitable solution. Also, I want to use MODIS level 0 data but the file extension is in .pds. I checked the user guide still unable to resolve that how can I add the level 0 modis data with the .pds extension and process the same in seadas. Please provide any necessary solution.

Regards
Sunanda

OB.DAAC - SeanBailey
User Services
User Services

by OB.DAAC - SeanBailey » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:09 am America/New_York

L0 files need to be converted to L1A->GEO->L1B before anything useful can be done.  The three scripts that do this are:
modis_L1A.py
modis_GEO.py
modis_L1B.py

Sean

3sunanda.m

by 3sunanda.m » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:29 pm America/New_York

Dear Sean
I have run these steps and received the output in three files L1B_LAC, L1B_HKM, L1B_QKM.

I am trying to replicate the below steps which were mentioned in a research paper titled "Monitoring HABs in the shallow Arabian Gulf using a qualitative satellite-based index"

MODIS/Aqua level 0 data were obtained from the NASA OceanColor data archive. The
SeaWiFS Data Analysis System (SeaDAS) software package (version 7.1) developed by
the NASA Ocean Biology Processing Group (OBPG) was used to process satellite imagery.
The default near-infrared (NIR) atmospheric correction scheme was carried out, which
assumes that the radiance in the NIR region is negligible. The default blue-green band
ratio algorithm for chl-a was implemented. Output products included normalized water leaving
radiance (Lw,n) at 443, 488, 531, and 547 nm, sea surface temperature (SST), level-
2 flags, and chl-a. Enhanced Red-Green-Blue (ERGB) images were composited with Lw,n
at 547 (R), 488 (G), and 443 (B) nm. The 547 nm band was used as the red band instead
of 667 nm for the ERGB images because Lw,n at 667 nm is low and does not provide
adequate information, especially for case I waters. Data from July 2002 to February 2015
were processed and 2406 scenes were obtained. The whole gulf region bounded by
23.2°-30.7° N and 47.3°-56.5° E was investigated using satellite imagery although the in
situ data domain was only focused on the west coast of the UAE. The spatial resolution
of the processed scenes was 1000 m.

Can you please guide me on how to process these steps in Seadas.

OB.DAAC - SeanBailey
User Services
User Services

by OB.DAAC - SeanBailey » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:03 pm America/New_York

Run the l2gen code with the L1B (and GEO) files as input, with a l2prod option of l2prod=Lwn_vvv,chlor_a,sst, e.g.

$ l2gen ifile=<L1B file> geofile=<GEO file> l2prod=Lwn_vvv,chlor_a,sst
You'll probably also want to pass the appropriate NRT ancillary data as well.  Use the getanc.py script to retrieve those.

Sean

3sunanda.m

by 3sunanda.m » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:04 am America/New_York

This is informative. Hope this would work. Thank you for the constant support.