some questions about how to extract MODIS L3 Rrs

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
lc_950.316
Answers: 0

by lc_950.316 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:59 pm America/New_York

Hi,everyone.
I downloaded the three-level product of the 10 bands of MODIS Rrs. Now I want to extract Rrs with Matlab. How can I do this? Or can you send me a detailed description of the contents of this data file? Or how to extract Rrs?
Or other softwares can get the Rrs will be OK!
Many Thanks!:grin::grin:

Tags:

gnwiii
Answers: 2

by gnwiii » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:57 am America/New_York

There are 2 types of level-3 data: binned and mapped.   Both use NetCDF4-CF format, which are also HDF5 format (NetCDF4 is a simplified subset of HDF5).  NASA SeaDAS 7 and ESA SNAP both support level-3 mapped data.   The OCSSW Processing System has command-line programs to map binned data, see Topic 9292.  There are also many generic tools to read a display data from these files, including  NASA Panoply and HDFview from the HDF Group.

The NetCDF4-CF format is "self-documenting".  Matlab has tools to display the structure of a given file.  If you have mapped data the contents are stored as 2-D arrays that recent Matlab versions can use without a lot of manipulation.  There is a Matlab example using a binned file.  For some Matlab versions the HDF5 support may work when NetCDF4 fails.

lc_950.316
Answers: 0

by lc_950.316 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:13 pm America/New_York

Thank you very much?