client/server configuration for installing ocssw server on windows user using seadas 7.5.3

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
r.s.arafa
Answers: 0

client/server configuration for installing ocssw server on windows user using seadas 7.5.3

by r.s.arafa » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:10 am America/New_York

I tried to use the client /server configuration for OCSSW server on windows . I succeeded to run this server but unfortunately the last steps of instruction to configure the server is missing some information . This code is not working .
<SeaDAS install dir>/config/seadas.config
This file is missing : seadas.config file . Where can I get this file ?

The only available files are   Server jar file and Server config file .

https://seadas.gsfc.nasa.gov/client_server/

I hope you can help me solve this problem. Thank you.

Tags:

gnwiii
Answers: 2

by gnwiii » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:10 am America/New_York

The reference to "<SeaDAS install dir>/config/seadas.config" refers to the SeaDAS GUI.   Replace "<SeaDAS install dir>" with the actual location where you installed the SeaDAS GUI in Windows, or just use Windows file search to locate "seadas.config". 

The "seadas.config" entries I use with WSL:

# settings used for the remote OCSSW server
#
# the seadas.ocssw.location property should be assigned one of these three values: "local", "virtualMachine",
# or the remote server address.
seadas.ocssw.location=virtualMachine
seadas.ocssw.port=6400
seadas.client.id=${user.name}
seadas.ocssw.sharedDir=${user.home}\\seadasClientServerShared
seadas.ocssw.keepFilesOnServer=false
seadas.ocssw.processInputStreamPort=6402
seadas.ocssw.processErrorStreamPort=6403

(note that the GUI fills in the value for "${user.name}" and "${user.home}").   My WSL is Ubuntu 18.04.  Not all OCSSW programs work, but so far binning and mapping programs have worked for me.

r.s.arafa

by r.s.arafa » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:37 pm America/New_York

I did what you told me , but unfortunately it didn't work and I don't know the problem . I start the server then edit the file and nothing changed . This is an image of what happened when I started the server https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g7MvFDYjWqMegJmxEM4pOdazTOCUswYs/view?usp=sharing
I want to ask you which oracle java version you use. I use java 11.

OB SeaDAS - aynur
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert

by OB SeaDAS - aynur » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:07 pm America/New_York

Your server is running correctly.

gnwiii
Answers: 2

by gnwiii » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:44 pm America/New_York

The server configuration file should have a line "ocsswroot=${user.home}/ocssw" where ${user.home} needs to be replaced with the directory where the OCSSW software is installed, normally the user's home directory.   Your screen capture appears to use "ocsswroot=${user.home}/ocssw/scripts".  Try removing the trailing "/scripts".