fd_matchup.py questions

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
bruce
Answers: 0

fd_matchup.py questions

by bruce » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:28 pm America/New_York

If I pass fd_matchup.py a SB file with 100 stations in it, I get a number of records as output that far exceeds the number of input stations.  Is there an option to output some information from the record in the SB file (like the entire record) that corresponds to the output record?

Is there a way (other than running it several times) to say "give me all the granules that match the input date/time/lat/lon regardless of satellite"?

Tags:

jpsco

fd_matchup.py questions

by jpsco » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:24 am America/New_York

Hi Bruce, great questions!

To answer your first one: unfortunately, no, due to the way satellite granules and product suites are broken up, there can be multiple satellite granules that match a single station or row of data. My best solution for you would be to break your SeaBASS file up into multiple smaller files with fewer stations per file to reduce the output/number of granules returned.

Regarding your second question: the fd_matchup.py script relies on the NASA Earthdata search common metadata repository API as its back-end to locate matching granules, given time and location targets. The way that API works does not allow for multiple satellites to be queried simultaneously, as it does for product suite (IOP, OC, SST, etc). My best solution for you here would be to write a simple loop in Python (or Matlab) to call fd_matchup.py, looping over a list of satellite key names ['modisa', 'modist', 'viirsn', 'viirsj1']. This can be useful to call with the --get_data [download_dir_path] option to save all identified files from successive calls to a specified local directory.

Joel

bruce

fd_matchup.py questions

by bruce » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:30 am America/New_York

That's what I figured...  Bummer.