l2gen open error with :Problem creating product XML file:l2gen returned nonzero exitvalue

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
halomarine
Answers: 0

l2gen open error with :Problem creating product XML file:l2gen returned nonzero exitvalue

by halomarine » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:14 am America/New_York

Sorry but the one you give me didn't change the OCDATAROOT

I found,
# data tree
export OCDATAROOT=$OCSSWROOT/run/data

It's in the link you gave.

Tags:

gnwiii
Answers: 2

by gnwiii » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:02 pm America/New_York

Sorry.  You are right -- I lost the .v7.5 (will edit the post to correct that).   I use install_ocssw.py which downloads OCSSW_bash.env with a git branch suffix as you saw previously:  OCSSW_bash.env.v7.5, then renames it.  Do you still have OCSSW_bash.env.v7.5?  Otherwise, try https://oceandata.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/ocssw/OCSSW_bash.env.v7.5 and rename it
to remove the .v7.5 and replace the old version.

halomarine

by halomarine » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:00 pm America/New_York

thanks a lot !

Now I successfully activate the l2gen GUI, but go into trouble when I run the l2gen:

-E- /home/seadas/ocssw/oel_util/libtimeutils/leapsecond.c:32 - leap second file (/home/jinchao/seadas/ocssw/var/common/tai-utc.dat) not found.

it goes back to what i said before

i don't have var in the whole directory.

do you know which bundles i lose?

gnwiii

by gnwiii » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:23 am America/New_York

Just guessing from the name, try installing common.bundle.   In my $OCSSWROOT/var the directories are:

$ ls -d *
anc  ancillary_data.db  aquarius  common  modis  modisa  seawifs  viirsj1  viirsn

Is it possible you extracted the git bundles somewhere other than $OCSSWROOT?  If so, you may be able to move them.

Since the root of all your difficulties is the lack of VPN on linux, I should mention that Wireguard VPN is being added to the linux kernel, so will be in future linux distros, but is also available for Windows and current Ubuntu versions.

halomarine

by halomarine » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:15 pm America/New_York

Sincerely thank you for your help!

several days ago I took another solution.

I spent several days to ask my fellow brother who is abroad to use GUI to update OCSSW and bring back the whole OCSSW directory through network disk.

And thanks to him,I got the complete OCSSW file , and then uncompressed it and put it under my SEADAS folder.

OMG, I got into another trouble....

I entered ~/seadas/ocssw/bin$ ./l2gen |head -1

and this time it shows

./l2gen error while loading shared libraries: libgeotiff.so.2: cannot open shared  object file:No such file or directory

as i found ,libgeotiff.so.2 is not the only one file that l2gen cannot find, There must be a different version of the file that calls the dynamic library caused this problem.

OMG???????I'd also like to add that why do SEADAS with GUI installations still have problems?Is it possible for my senior to use GUI installation to have similar problems?

gnwiii

by gnwiii » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:08 pm America/New_York

I have often copied OCSSW installations from one machine to others, so your procedure should have worked. 

l2gen uses a large number of "third party" libraries.  They should have been installed under $OCSSWROOT/opt/lib and would come from bin3-linux_64.bundle.    With linux, each library shared generally has the current library file, in this case:
$ cd $OCSSWROOT/opt/lib
$ ls -F libgeotiff.so*
libgeotiff.so@  libgeotiff.so.2@  libgeotiff.so.2.1.2*

where the first two (shorter) names are symbolic links denoted by the trailing "@".   This is done so a minor change to the library which would become libgeotiff.so.2.1.3 does not change the names used by programs.   In this way the programs will continue to work (with the benefits of the updated library) without having to be recompiled and reinstalled.

One possibility is that the permissions on the libraries differ between the system used for the installation and the system you are using to run the OCSSW software.
Another possibility is something in the transmission chain didn't handle the symbolic links, so you might end up with only  $OCSSWROOT/opt/lib/libgeotiff.so.2.1.2.