Write L2_LAC_OC.nc data
Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:58 am America/New_York
Hello, dear forum users!
I am a student and need help reading Ocean Level-2 files to overwrite them further.
The main goal is to display tracks from the .pro format in SeaDAS by converting them to .nc format.
As a source I use NOAA files in .pro format. I need to read the coordinates of the tracks from them and write them in .nc format. Reading the first one is not difficult for me, as there is detailed documentation for it, but I just can't read the .nc format downloaded from Ocean Color Browse (e.g. A2020100035500.L2_LAC_OC.nc). As documentation used https://oceancolor.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/technical/ocean_level-2_data_products.pdf , but information for binary reading is not enough...I still have no idea about the header file, in particular the number of bytes, data format, byte order. So, I use c# + Kaitai for parsing.
Please tell me where I can find a detailed description of the format .nc?
For example, the documentation for L1b level formats for NOAA looks like this https://www1.ncdc.noaa.gov/pub/data/satellite/publications/podguides/N-15%20thru%20N-19/pdf/2.5%20Section%208.0%20NOAA%20Level%201B%20Database.pdf
Unfortunately, I do not write well in English, I apologize for the errors in the text.
I am a student and need help reading Ocean Level-2 files to overwrite them further.
The main goal is to display tracks from the .pro format in SeaDAS by converting them to .nc format.
As a source I use NOAA files in .pro format. I need to read the coordinates of the tracks from them and write them in .nc format. Reading the first one is not difficult for me, as there is detailed documentation for it, but I just can't read the .nc format downloaded from Ocean Color Browse (e.g. A2020100035500.L2_LAC_OC.nc). As documentation used https://oceancolor.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/technical/ocean_level-2_data_products.pdf , but information for binary reading is not enough...I still have no idea about the header file, in particular the number of bytes, data format, byte order. So, I use c# + Kaitai for parsing.
Please tell me where I can find a detailed description of the format .nc?
For example, the documentation for L1b level formats for NOAA looks like this https://www1.ncdc.noaa.gov/pub/data/satellite/publications/podguides/N-15%20thru%20N-19/pdf/2.5%20Section%208.0%20NOAA%20Level%201B%20Database.pdf
Unfortunately, I do not write well in English, I apologize for the errors in the text.