ASTER Data Download Cygwin Unable to Retrieve Data

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
andresschmidt
Answers: 0

Re: ASTER Data Download Cygwin Unable to Retrieve Data

by andresschmidt » Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:00 pm America/New_York

The problem remains though. The instructions on the NASA webpage on how to use cygwin for bulk download of data is NOT working at all.

Tags:

OB.DAAC - amscott
User Services
User Services
Answers: 1

by OB.DAAC - amscott » Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:25 pm America/New_York

@@srleone9 After some digging, I believe you found your instructions here: https://earthdata.nasa.gov/faq/earthdata-search-faq/#cms_basic_page_body_how_to_use_the_download_access_script_for_earthdata_search
Is that correct? Step 2 tells where to save files and where to expect data to be downloaded to. Do you have your proper earthdata credentials in the urs_cookies file? Do you need an example?

Is this working for you yet? Did you reach out to support@earthdata.nasa.gov ? I also see support links toward the bottom of this section on "how to use download access script for earthdata search". Can you let us know if you follow the steps again if you experience the same issue?

rendilicha

by rendilicha » Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:13 am America/New_York

Hello. I had the same problem, however, after 2 days of struggling, I realized that the mistake was the username and password. I changed my password and it worked. Maybe this helpful.

florian_sauer

by florian_sauer » Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:21 am America/New_York

Unfortunately, I am experiencing the same problem. However, changing the password did not do the trick in my case. Cygwin does not accept the password since The minimum requirements were changed to 12 characters, 1 uppercase, 1 lowercase, 1 special character. It used to work fine for me, but now the password is not being accepted anymore.

LP DAAC - dgolon
User Services
User Services

by LP DAAC - dgolon » Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:25 am America/New_York

Hello @florian_sauer A few months ago Earthdata Login did make some changes to their password system. Could you please confirm you can still log in to your Earthdata Login and attempt to download a scene or two of data from Earthdata Search (https://search.earthdata.nasa.gov/search) to rule out if the issue you are seeing is related to your Earthdata Login?
Subscribe to the LP DAAC listserv by sending a blank email to lpdaac-join@lists.nasa.gov.

Sign up for the Landsat listserv to receive the most up to date information about Landsat data: https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/USDOIGS/subscriber/new#tab1.

florian_sauer

by florian_sauer » Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:18 am America/New_York

Thanks for your reply. Yes, the login still works. I also changed my password in several ways, trying to find the possible problem. I was able to download individual ASTER tiles, however, the cygwin problem remains. Cygwin claims, that my password is incorrect.

Earthdata Search - kaewal01
User Services
User Services

by Earthdata Search - kaewal01 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:55 pm America/New_York

Hello, @florian_sauer . We require a bit more information to properly evaluate the issue. Please reply with a list of steps that you took that led you to the issue. Please provide the full dataset name, problem URL, and screenshots.