Multilevel Processing Issues with Seadas

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
OB SeaDAS - xuanyang02
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert
Answers: 1

Re: Multilevel Processing Issues with Seadas

by OB SeaDAS - xuanyang02 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:34 pm America/New_York

If you don't use command line, you can get away with this warning --"WARNING!: An environment variable for OCSSWROOT exists which does not match the GUI configuration. The GUI will use '/Users/catherine/Desktop/Seadas/ocssw' as the ocssw root inside the GUI."

You can fix it by adding these two lines to your .bash_profile:
export OCSSWROOT=/Users/catherine/Desktop/Seadas/ocssw
source $OCSSWROOT/OCSSW_bash.env

Can you make a mlp-temp.par file in /Users/catherine/Desktop/GOCI_L1/ with the following content?
# Sample par file for multilevel_processor.
[main]
ifile=/Users/catherine/Desktop/Seadas/IO_OCSSW_PARAMS/ifile_list
[l2gen]
l2prod=chlor_a
# final processing level

And then try multilevel_processor on command line:
"/Users/catherine/Desktop/Seadas/ocssw/bin/multilevel_processor par=/Users/catherine/Desktop/GOCI_L1/mlp-temp.par"

Tags:

catevans
Answers: 0

by catevans » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:40 am America/New_York

Hi there,

This is the result. I've checked the ifile list and the folder and the .he5 at the end of the file is not repeated in either the list or the actual file name.

~ $export OCSSWROOT=/Users/catherine/Desktop/Seadas/ocssw
~ $source $OCSSWROOT/OCSSW_bash.env
~ $/Users/catherine/Desktop/Seadas/ocssw/bin/multilevel_processor par=/Users/catherine/Desktop/GOCI_L1/mlp_temp.par
Error! File /Users/catherine/Desktop/Seadas/IO_OCSSW_PARAMS/ifile_list specified the following input files which could not be located:
/Users/catherine/Desktop/GOCI_L1/COMS_GOCI_L1B_GA_20110906011644.he5he5

OB SeaDAS - xuanyang02
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert

by OB SeaDAS - xuanyang02 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:13 am America/New_York

That is strange.

However, I did find a bug in the multilevel_processor script.
In /Users/catherine/Desktop/Seadas/ocssw/bin/multilevel_processor, can you change the 1st line
"#!/usr/bin/env python" to "#!/usr/bin/env python3"?

And run "Users/catherine/Desktop/Seadas/ocssw/bin/multilevel_processor par=/Users/catherine/Desktop/GOCI_L1/mlp_temp.par" again.

catevans

by catevans » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:46 pm America/New_York

Sorry I'm unsure if I am doing this right. Opening the multiprocessor gives this:

Last login: Fri Jun 4 14:55:58 on ttys001
Catherines-MBP:~ catherine$ /Users/catherine/Desktop/Seadas/ocssw/bin/multilevel_processor ; exit;
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Users/catherine/Desktop/Seadas/ocssw/bin/multilevel_processor", line 2094, in <module>
if os.environ['OCSSWROOT']:
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/UserDict.py", line 40, in __getitem__
raise KeyError(key)
KeyError: 'OCSSWROOT'
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

And simply typing "/Users/catherine/Desktop/Seadas/ocssw/bin/multilevel_processor" directory into terminal gives a description of its uses. I think that you're right about python versions because it's running python 2.7 based off the error above, but I cannot figure out a way to change it to python 3. Putting "#!/usr/bin/env python3" into the terminal doesn't change the error, and I think the multiprocessor closes before I am able to tell it what version of python to use.

OB SeaDAS - xuanyang02
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert

by OB SeaDAS - xuanyang02 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:01 am America/New_York

Sorry that I was not clear. Can you use a text editor like vi or emacs to open /Users/catherine/Desktop/Seadas/ocssw/bin/multilevel_processor and change the 1st line from "#!/usr/bin/env python" to "#!/usr/bin/env python3"?

catevans

by catevans » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:24 am America/New_York

My mistake! You were right, it was calling on python instead of python3. Now it seems to be working well as it goes through the files. Thanks so much for the help - much appreciated!