OLCI Data

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
avmehta
Answers: 0

OLCI Data

by avmehta » Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:01 am America/New_York

Hello,
It looks like OLCI data download procedure has changed. Earlier I got a list of url that I saved and used wget to download data. Now it is similar to MODIS, a data order is created and I get manifest file that I use to download data.
My question is: for the same time period and same sub-region (Chesapeake Bay) I get more L1 files then I did a few weeks ago! Can you please explain this - or did I miss something earlier?
Thank you.
Amita

Tags:

OB ODPS - jgwilding
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert

Re: OLCI Data

by OB ODPS - jgwilding » Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:52 am America/New_York

Hi Amita.

The reason you got a list of URLs the first time is that you did not choose to receive extracted data or when you ordered the OLCI data, we had not yet implemented the extraction process for the OLCI data. That was implemented a couple of weeks ago.

The reason for getting more files now could be due to the latency of the OLCI data arrival relative to the time period you requested. That might be the case if you were requesting recent data, i.e. for the current or previous days. If you then came back a couple of days later and requested data for the same period, additional files might have arrived. It's hard to be sure not knowing the dates of your requests.

Regards,
john

avmehta

Re: OLCI Data

by avmehta » Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:28 pm America/New_York

Hi John,
I ordered data for the Chesapeake Bay for entire year of 2019! I did this a couple of months ago and then recently! I get more files now.
Thanks.
Amita