Error processing from MODIS L1 to L2 in SEADAS

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
delgadoanalau
Answers: 0

Error processing from MODIS L1 to L2 in SEADAS

by delgadoanalau » Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:47 pm America/New_York

Hello,
I have a problem with SEADAS 8 command line processing with python 3.8, from L1 MODIS-Aqua to L2 (in Ubuntu 20.04). Until yesterday it was working perfectly fine, and from today I get a mistake, apparently with the 'MetaUtils' library from python, which is properly installed. When I start the processing I get the following errors:

/home/ana/Curso_PDI_linux/MODIS_py/A2006004185500.L1A_LAC.x.hdf
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/ana/seadas8/ocssw/ocssw_src/scripts/modis_GEO.py", line 8, in <module>
from modules.modis_utils import buildpcf, modis_env
File "/home/ana/seadas8/ocssw/ocssw_src/scripts/modules/modis_utils.py", line 5, in <module>
from MetaUtils import readMetadata
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'MetaUtils'
/home/ana/Curso_PDI_linux/MODIS_py/A2006004185500.L1A_LAC.x.hdf
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/ana/seadas8/ocssw/ocssw_src/scripts/getanc.py", line 196, in <module>
sys.exit(main())
File "/home/ana/seadas8/ocssw/ocssw_src/scripts/getanc.py", line 188, in main
g.setup()
File "/home/ana/seadas8/ocssw/ocssw_src/scripts/modules/anc_utils.py", line 174, in setup
from modis_utils import modis_timestamp
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'modis_utils'

I have tried re-installing Seadas and OCSSW processors, but still it is not working. Do you have any idea of what might be happening?
Thank you very much!
Ana

Tags:

OB SeaDAS - xuanyang02
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert
Answers: 1

Re: Error processing from MODIS L1 to L2 in SEADAS

by OB SeaDAS - xuanyang02 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:12 pm America/New_York

In SeaDAS 7, modis_GEO.py and getanc.py are in $OCSSWROOT/scripts, and anc_utils.py is in $OCSSWROOT/scripts/modules.

In SeaDAS 8, modis_GEO and getanc are in $OCSSWROOT/bin, anc_utils.py is in $OCSSWROOT/bin/seadasutils.

It seems to me you are running modis_GEO.py in SeaDAS 7 on command line.

I wonder what your $OCSSWROOT is. Did you mix both sets of OCSSW for SeaDAS 7 and SeaDAS 8 in the same directory?

What was the command you used to install OCSSW? What tag of OCSSW did you install for SeaDAS 8? https://seadas.gsfc.nasa.gov/downloads/