install_ocssw script can't find OCSSW_bash.env

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
OB WebDev - norman
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert
Answers: 0

install_ocssw script can't find OCSSW_bash.env

by OB WebDev - norman » Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:53 pm America/New_York

Hello my friends in the OBPG,

I just decided to reinstall the OCSSW software from scratch on my Ubuntu 20.04.3 machine to pick up all of the latest goodies (in particular, I would like to start processing Landsat 8 and 9 Collection 2 data), but I ran into a problem. The install script rolled merrily along until it tripped over a missing OCSSW_bash.env file.

./install_ocssw --install_dir=/data1/ocssw --tag V2022.0 -v --luts --viirs_l1_bin --hawkeye --hico --modisa --modist --msis2a --msis2b --olcis3a --olcis3b --oli --viirsdem --viirsj1 --viirsn --opt --common

Installing lut - modisa
/data1/ocssw/bin/ocssw_runner: line 16: /data1/ocssw/OCSSW_bash.env: No such file or directory
/data1/ocssw/bin/ocssw_runner: line 23: update_luts: command not found
Error: return = 127 : trying to run command = /data1/ocssw/bin/ocssw_runner --ocsswroot /data1/ocssw update_luts modisa

Question: Is V2022.0 the version I should be using, and shouldn't the install script download the OCSSW_bash.env file for me?

Cheers,
Norman

Tags:

OB.DAAC - SeanBailey
User Services
User Services
Answers: 1

Re: install_ocssw script can't find OCSSW_bash.env

by OB.DAAC - SeanBailey » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:51 pm America/New_York

Hi Norman,

Add --root to the command (root is the one that installs the OCSSW_bash.env you seek)

A simpler ssolution is to ask the installer to install the seadas bits :)

$ install_ocssw --tag V2022.0 --seadas --hawkeye --hico --modisa --modist --msis2a --msis2b --olcis3a --olcis3b --oli --viirsj1 --viirsn

--seadas sets:
--root
--bin
--opt
--luts
--common
--ocrvc

Also, setting either --viirsn or --viirsj1 will aslo set --viirsdem and --viirs_l1_ibin, so no need to specify them separately

Sean

OB WebDev - norman
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert

by OB WebDev - norman » Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:31 pm America/New_York

Hi Sean,

That worked like a charm.

I'm guessing you are still at the top of the leaderboard of forum responses. I'm sorry to add to your load, but I very much appreciate the help.

I hope all is going well in the OBPG.

Norman

OB.DAAC - SeanBailey
User Services
User Services
Answers: 1

by OB.DAAC - SeanBailey » Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:31 am America/New_York

Norman,
Always happy to help (and yes, I think I'm still king of the hill :D ...working on training up my competition, though)

Sean

yang16

by yang16 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:05 am America/New_York

Hello Sean,

I met a similar problem when I installed OCSSW for seadas-7.5.3 in ubuntu20.04. After I installed seadas-7.5.3, I installed OCSSW following this website: https://seadas.gsfc.nasa.gov/tutorials/installation_tutorial/

However, I got the error in the attached photo when I ran "./install_ocssw.py --install-dir=seadas-7.5.3 /home/mmy/seadas-7.5.3/ocssw --git-branch=v7.5.3 --local=/tmp --aqua –seawifs".
Error.png
Error.png (181.12 KiB) Not viewed yet
I may need to download this file "OCSSW_bash.env.v7.5.3" and put it in the related folder. But I did not find where to download this file.

Could you help me solve this issue?

Thank you!
Kind regards,
Sunny