Historical forecasts of precipitation and temperature

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
ciniro
Answers: 0

Historical forecasts of precipitation and temperature

by ciniro » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:05 am America/New_York

Hello everyone, I'm a computer engineer, and I'm working on my Ph.D. with the electricity price forecast in Brazil. I need the forecast history (168 hours ahead) of total precipitation (or precipitation rate) and temperature (2m). I've already scoured the MERRA2 downloads area, but I'm not sure if I'm downloading the observed data or the forecast history. The observed data does not interest me. I am looking for the history of forecasts for a week ahead, week by week, preferably in hourly resolution. I need NetCDF files from previous years, since 2013. Can anyone help me by indicating the site area where I can find this data? Thanks.

Tags:

GES DISC - jimacker
User Services
User Services
Answers: 3

Re: Historical forecasts of precipitation and temperature

by GES DISC - jimacker » Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:09 pm America/New_York

Hello,

If you can inform us what data you have downloaded, particularly the names of the variables, it would assist us in determining the best way to address your question. MERRA-2 is a meteorological reanalysis dataset (as you likely are aware), and therefore is not used to provide predictions or forecasts.