download montly 2-merter air temperature for country subset shapefile

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
ali_uppa
Answers: 0

download montly 2-merter air temperature for country subset shapefile

by ali_uppa » Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:24 am America/New_York

hello,
I want to download time series area-averaged temperature (2-meter air temperature mean/max MERRA-2 model) for countrys' subnational boundaries i.e., state or district. Time series average area is only available for the country and gives a graph, not the raster that can be used in qgis to compute zonal statistics. As state boundaries for countries are not available except for the USA, is there a way/tool available to download time series for subnational area-averaged temperature data?

Tags:

GES DISC - jimacker
User Services
User Services
Answers: 3

Re: download montly 2-merter air temperature for country subset shapefile

by GES DISC - jimacker » Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:34 pm America/New_York

Hello,

Giovanni does not offer subnational boundaries for countries other than states in the United States. We have added shapefiles for regions and will be adding shapefiles for large lakes, but we have not had a large number of requests for subnational districts.

Regarding the time-series data, can you use a netCDF or CSV file in qgis for your purpose?

ali_uppa

by ali_uppa » Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:15 am America/New_York

Thank you Jim for the response. Yes, I am using CSV to download time-series data for the country. I was just wondering if there is a way to download subnational data. Now it is cleared from your message.

lschwize

by lschwize » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:34 am America/New_York

Hi there, the NASA Prediction Of Worldwide Energy Resources (POWER) project may be worth looking into as they provide MERRA-2 data through a variety of means (ArcGIS Image services, API, Viewer, etc.). For more information on data access see: https://power.larc.nasa.gov/#dataaccess and the documentation: https://power.larc.nasa.gov/docs/services/