Climate scenarios 2.6, 4.5 and 8.5 dowscaled data download

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
wycliffe
Answers: 0

Climate scenarios 2.6, 4.5 and 8.5 dowscaled data download

by wycliffe » Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:03 am America/New_York

Hi team,
I am looking for my PhD simulation data in DSSAT 4.7.5 Model.

Objective: To simulate the impact of climate change on maize yields in Isingiro District
(0.8435° S, and 30.8039° E) under future climate scenarios RCP 2.6, RCP 4.5 and RCP 8.5.

I need historical historical (1980 to 2010) and downscaled data to simulate maize yields for Western Uganda in the near- term 2010-2039; mid-century 2040-2069; and end-of-century 2070-2099.

Which website/links can I use to obtain the above datasets for my study.
NB: My vision is poor, I do not see claerly. Thx for your guidance.
Attachments
PhD Concept for objective three_Wycliffe Tumwesigye.pdf
(23.8 KiB) Downloaded 102 times

Tags:

GES DISC - jimacker
User Services
User Services
Answers: 3

Re: Climate scenarios 2.6, 4.5 and 8.5 dowscaled data download

by GES DISC - jimacker » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:26 am America/New_York

Dear Wycliffe,

Please come to the NASA GES DISC website, https://disc.gsfc.nasa.gov/, and examine both the Global Land Data Assimilation (GLDAS) and the Modern-Era Retrospective-analysis for Research and Applications - 2 (MERRA-2) data collections. I believe that these will be able to provide the data you are seeking. If further assistance is required, I and my colleagues will be available for provide more information and guidance.

wycliffe

by wycliffe » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:31 am America/New_York

Dear friends,
I have visited the sites you recommend but failed to find out the datasets for my study.

I need your further assistance to get the downscaled datasets for my study

Thank you

ASDC - David W.
User Services
User Services

by ASDC - David W. » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:25 am America/New_York

Hi Wycliffe,

To my knowledge, I don't think any of the NASA DAACs archive the type of data you need. Are you familiar with the Coupled Model Intercomparison Project (CMIP)? CMIP is a collaboration of various research groups from around the world which run climate simulations based on the future climate scenarios RCP 2.6, RCP 4.5 and RCP 8.5. CMIP6 was their latest attempt with results going into the 2021 IPCC sixth assessment report (AR6).

The link below provides background information about CMIP6.
https://www.carbonbrief.org/cmip6-the-next-generation-of-climate-models-explained

The link below is just one of several archives serving the CMIP6 data sets.
https://esgf-node.llnl.gov/projects/cmip6/

Five years ago, I used CMIP5 future climate data to generate future Climate Zones over the United States for years 2025, 2050, 2075, and 2100. For your simulations, I would suggest you use 3 different CMIP6 climate models, one with a slow response, one with a medium response, and one with a fast response to the there future climate scenarios (RCP 2.6, RCP 4.5, and RCP 8.5).

If you have further questions about the CMIP6 data sets, then I would contact them via their website. They are very helpful. Good luck!

Thank you,

David W.
NASA Langley ASDC User Services