Archived data

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
khyde
Answers: 0

Archived data

by khyde » Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:31 pm America/New_York

Hello,

Where can I find earlier processing versions of the ocean color data (e.g. MODIS-Aqua 2014.0)? For PARR compliance I need to maintain an archive of all data used in publications etc., but I was hoping to just retain my analyzed data products and not the original downloaded data on my local machine. I did a quick search through the ocean color direct data access, but could not easily find early processing versions. Are those files archived somewhere else? If so, could you please point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Kim

Tags:

OB.DAAC - amscott
User Services
User Services
Answers: 1

Re: Archived data

by OB.DAAC - amscott » Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:07 pm America/New_York

Hello. Here is a listing of earlier reprocessings so that you can gather information about previous versions of datasets: https://oceancolor.gsfc.nasa.gov/reprocessing/

However, we only distribute one version of data -- the latest, most robust version and the older version is deleted once we are able to improve the data to create the new version. As such, you will not be able to find older data on the oceandata site.

khyde
Answers: 0

Re: Archived data

by khyde » Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:26 pm America/New_York

Thank you for the information. I didn't realize you didn't retain previous versions for PARR compliance. I will retain them on my end.
Thanks again,
Kim