Custom ancillary tree and db

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
gbourdin
Answers: 0

Custom ancillary tree and db

by gbourdin » Wed May 04, 2022 9:31 am America/New_York

Hello,
I am defining a custom ancillary directory tree and a custom datebase name.
It works perfectly for most satellites because the name of the input file is actually the name of the image. It doesn't work for OLCI and MSI because getanc assumes the name of the *.anc text file from the name of the input files, which are the manifest files in those cases. getanc names all *.anc file xfdumanifest.xml.anc for OLCI and manifest.safe.anc for MSI whatever ancillary directory or database names I define.
I can workaround this problem by creating a copy of the manifest file and naming it with the name of the image, or just renaming the *.anc after it is created but it is not very clean.
There is another workaround extracting manually the start and end time from the image name and use them as an input to getanc but I would prefer to let getanc automatically find them.
It would be very convenient to have an option in getanc to define the *.anc file name.
Best,
Guillaume

Tags:

OB SeaDAS - xuanyang02
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert
Answers: 1

Re: Custom ancillary tree and db

by OB SeaDAS - xuanyang02 » Mon May 09, 2022 2:28 pm America/New_York

Thanks for your suggestion. We'll add an --ofile option to getanc, so users can name their *.anc files. It will be in the next tag of OCSSW