Automatic 2.25km buffer when .5 or 1 km input

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
madschony
Answers: 0

Automatic 2.25km buffer when .5 or 1 km input

by madschony » Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:35 pm America/New_York

I'm trying to use the MODIS/VIIRS Land Products Global Subsets tool within EarthData to extract data around latitude and longitude points using buffers of .25km, .5km, and 1km. Things have been fine with a .25km buffer in that the citation appears correctly once run. However, when I try to input a buffer of .5km or 1km, it automatically produces data with a citation appearing indicating a buffer of 2.25km, even though that is not what I input and told the system to do. Is this a bug in the system? Will this be fixed with the maintenance that is occurring today? I'm hoping for some answers so that I may progress with my data collection.
Attachments
When .5 or 1 km are entered for x and y
When .5 or 1 km are entered for x and y
2.25.PNG (20.33 KiB) Not viewed yet
When .25 is entered for x and y
When .25 is entered for x and y
.25.PNG (20.48 KiB) Not viewed yet

Tags:

rupeshornl
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert
Answers: 0

Re: Automatic 2.25km buffer when .5 or 1 km input

by rupeshornl » Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:59 am America/New_York

Hi @madschony, Thank you for contacting us. The Global Subsets tool only allows setting the x (E-W) and y (N-S) as integers. If you order a subset with x and y as 1km for MOD13Q1, it should result in a subset size of 2.25km x 2.25km with a total of 81 pixels. The 41st pixel (center) will be your 0.25x0.25km subset, and you can retrieve pixels for other subset sizes accordingly. I have attached an example numbering scheme with this email. Please refer to https://modis.ornl.gov/documentation.html#data_format for more information on the data format. Let us know if you are still having issues.
subset_grid_numbering.png
subset_grid_numbering.png (57.29 KiB) Not viewed yet