How to subset MODIS L1B data?

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
demostar
Answers: 0

How to subset MODIS L1B data?

by demostar » Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:51 am America/New_York

Hello,
For my research I would like to use several years of Aqua-MODIS L1B data. But the data volume is too large and I only need the radiance observations from a few bands, e.g., 412nm band. Is there a method, and how, to subset the MODIS L1B data so I can download only what I need, not the whole large files?

Thanks
-Zhibo Zhang

Tags:

LAADS_UserServices_M
User Services
User Services
Answers: 1

Re: How to subset MODIS L1B data?

by LAADS_UserServices_M » Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:41 am America/New_York

Dear Zhibo Zhang:
In order to perform subsetting (both spatial and parameter subsetting) you can use LAADS post processing utility. This is available during the last step (5 REVIEW & ORDER) of search and order process. So, once you select the file(s) go to '5 REVIEW & ORDER' and click on Apply Post-Processing and then click on Geo and define you area of interest. You also perform parameter subsetting by clicking on SDS. For more information please consult LAADS tutorial at:
https://ladsweb.modaps.eosdis.nasa.gov/learn/how-to-search-and-order-data-with-the-laads-find-data-interface/
Regards,
LAADS User Services

To receive news from LAADS DAAC direct to your inbox, email laadsdaac-join@lists.nasa.gov with “subscribe” in the subject line.