CDOM retrievals with SeaDAS from ACOLITE derived Rrs

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
davouris.ucmerced
Answers: 0

CDOM retrievals with SeaDAS from ACOLITE derived Rrs

by davouris.ucmerced » Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:13 am America/New_York

Hi! I want to calculate a standard CDOM product from an Sentinel 2 image using the Rrs output from ACOLITE. I am comparing my own retrievals with standard products. Is this possible? Can I import an ACOLITE output .nc file with Rrs bands and run that through the OCSSW processors to obtain a CDOM retrieval? If so, what is the workflow?

I have spent quite a bit of time looking for the l2gen format so I can use that template for my ACOLITE output, but am not finding it anywhere. Is there a guide for this?

Thank you,
Dulci

Tags:

OB General Science - guoqingw
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert

Re: CDOM retrievals with SeaDAS from ACOLITE derived Rrs

by OB General Science - guoqingw » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:52 pm America/New_York

Hi Dulci,

Which CDOM product are you referring to?
I'm not sure how ACOLITE handles Rrs outputs and whether they are consistent with NASA standard products.

SeaDAS help page of l2gen:
https://seadas.gsfc.nasa.gov/help-8.2.0/processors/ProcessL2gen.html

Guoqing

davouris.ucmerced

by davouris.ucmerced » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:26 am America/New_York

Hi,

I am looking for the adg product. I guess my question is - can I use SeaDAS to calculate that from a L2 product generated through a different atmospheric processing software, or can I only retrieve the adg product if I use SeaDAS to process a L1C image to L2? And what wavelength is that adg calculated for? 440? 490?

I want to compare my implementation of the adg retrieval of Lee et al 2002 from the ACOLITE Rrs to the SeaDAS implementation of the same thing. It's just a sanity check on my calculations.

If I can't actually do this without a huge amount of work trying to get my output into the needed format for SeaDAS, that is fine. I just can't figure out if it is even possible. The documentation is really hard to find & there are still a lot of dead ends in the website.

thanks,
Dulci

OB General Science - guoqingw
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert

by OB General Science - guoqingw » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:18 pm America/New_York

Dulci,

Unfortunately, you can only use OCSSW l2gen to produce adg from level 1 data (l1c for sentinel 2).
Here is the algorithm description for IOP including adg443:
https://oceancolor.gsfc.nasa.gov/atbd/giop/