downloading ASTER L1T

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
LP DAAC - dgolon
User Services
User Services
Answers: 0

Re: downloading ASTER L1T

by LP DAAC - dgolon » Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:03 pm America/New_York

Hi @piyush we are still looking into the 401 error. We apologize for the delay. We'll make sure to post something when the issue has been resolved.
Subscribe to the LP DAAC listserv by sending a blank email to lpdaac-join@lists.nasa.gov.

Sign up for the Landsat listserv to receive the most up to date information about Landsat data: https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/USDOIGS/subscriber/new#tab1.

Tags:

LP DAAC - jwilson
User Services
User Services
Answers: 1

by LP DAAC - jwilson » Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:09 pm America/New_York

Hi @mustafa23 ,
I apologize for the delayed response. Not all ASTER data will have the "VNIR, SWIR,TIR " bands available. A band in an ASTER scene may not be available if the telescope related to the band was not requested to be turned on during acquisition. You will need to search the metadata for the 3B band that was acquired during acquisition.
LP DAAC processes, archives, and distributes several DEM data products that were generated from the ASTER sensors. The following guide will discuss global DEM data products distributed by the LP DAAC.
DEM Comparison Guide - https://lpdaac.usgs.gov/documents/642/DEM_Comparison_Guide.pdf
Please contact LPDAAC@usgs.gov if you have any further questions.
Janice

thomas.k.roth

by thomas.k.roth » Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:54 am America/New_York

Hi dgolon/jwilson,

I got to this thread from this one

viewtopic.php?t=3412

It is still not working --> e4ftl01.cr.usgs.gov refused to connect

Just making sure I didn't miss anything. May I kindly ask what is the status on this issue is or whether there is a known workaround?

Best Wishes,
Thomas

LP DAAC - dgolon
User Services
User Services

by LP DAAC - dgolon » Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:18 am America/New_York

Hi @thomas.k.roth If you are having issues with the 30-Meter SRTM Tile Downloader I recommend contacting that tool's creator, as the tool was not created by the LP DAAC. I found this information on the tool's webpage: Derek Watkins is the creator of the tool. "Questions or comments to dwtkns at gmail."

However, I just tried the tool myself in three different browsers and had varying rates of success. In Google Chrome I received a "400 Bad Request" error. If you are receiving the same error please clear your cache, delete any USGS related cookies, and try to access the data again. Once I completed those actions I was able to download SRTM data from that tool using Google Chrome. I was not able to successfully download data from the tool using Firefox, even after following the steps above. I will note that I was able to download SRTM data from the tool right away, after logging in, using Microsoft Edge.

If you are seeing a 401 Error, that is a known error that we are looking into. Some of the other DAACs are also seeing this error. This error seems to be occurring when using some scripts to download the data but we are looking more into what is causing it and if it is only occurring when users are using a script or not. We will post once we have more information on that error. If the data are needed immediately I recommend downloading the data without a script via AppEEARS, DataPool, NASA Earthdata Search or USGS EarthExplorer.

If you were just referencing that post but not using the 30-Meter SRTM Tile Downloader then the advice above still applies. If you are receiving the 400 error please clear your cache, delete any USGS related cookies and try again or try a different browser. If you are receiving a 401 error please try to access the data through different means for the time being or please wait until we have found a solution. We will post more here and on the LP DAAC website once we have more information on the 401 error.

Thank you,
Danielle
Subscribe to the LP DAAC listserv by sending a blank email to lpdaac-join@lists.nasa.gov.

Sign up for the Landsat listserv to receive the most up to date information about Landsat data: https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/USDOIGS/subscriber/new#tab1.

thomas.k.roth

by thomas.k.roth » Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:47 pm America/New_York

Hi dgolon,

thanks for the detailed answer and possible workarounds :-)!

Best Wishes,
Thomas