Problem downloading MODIS/Terra Vegetation Index

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
silvia_elena_luaces
Answers: 0

Problem downloading MODIS/Terra Vegetation Index

by silvia_elena_luaces » Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:00 am America/New_York

Good morning,
We are having problems downloading MODIS/Terra Vegetation Indices. Whether we use the page earthdata or earthexplorer, we get download error.
We've contacted our IT service but they say the problem is not ours.
After all this, I found this foro (viewtopic.php?p=12059#p12059https://forum.earthdata.nasa.gov/viewtopic.php?p=12059#p12059) and I've deleted the cache as instructed and the result is still the same. Using Appeears I've had better luck but it only downloads half of the selected area.
Any suggestion on how to get the full image?
Thanks

Tags:

LP DAAC - dgolon
User Services
User Services

Re: Problem downloading MODIS/Terra Vegetation Index

by LP DAAC - dgolon » Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:48 am America/New_York

Hi, @silvia_elena_luaces The USGS EROS Center recently completed a significant maintenance activity, after bringing the systems back up the LP DAAC has been experiencing high volumes of user traffic. This has been impacting data downloads for some users and causing timeouts. We have been implementing fixes for this issue and just recently released another fix. Please try to clear your cache one more time and access the data again. If you continue to have download issues, please contact LPDAAC@usgs.gov
Subscribe to the LP DAAC listserv by sending a blank email to lpdaac-join@lists.nasa.gov.

Sign up for the Landsat listserv to receive the most up to date information about Landsat data: https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/USDOIGS/subscriber/new#tab1.

silvia_elena_luaces

Re: Problem downloading MODIS/Terra Vegetation Index

by silvia_elena_luaces » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:11 am America/New_York

Achieved! (with AppEEARS, Earthdata still crashes even after clearing cache).
Thanks!