Mosaic of multiple products

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
hannahkb4
Answers: 0

Mosaic of multiple products

by hannahkb4 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:46 pm America/New_York

Hello, I'm new to Earthdata and am trying to make a mosaic using multiple products. I want to combine AOD data from MODIS Aqua and Terra from the same date and location. Is this possible using LAADS DAAC's "find data"? If not, can someone recommend a simple way to do this? I'm new to using HDF4 files. Thanks!

Tags:

LAADS_UserServices_M
User Services
User Services
Answers: 1

Re: Mosaic of multiple products

by LAADS_UserServices_M » Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:38 am America/New_York

Mosaic option can combine the data from multiple files into one file, with all the data correctly geolocated. Some caveats:
All combined files will be from the same date (for lists of files from multiple dates, there will be a result file for each separate date).

Data sets remain separate – our tool does not combine data from different data sets together.

Where files overlap geographically, we will favor pixels based on whether the pixel contains a measurement value or not, and then favor the pixel nearest to the satellite's nadir position.
Regards,
LAADS User Services

To receive news from LAADS DAAC direct to your inbox, email laadsdaac-join@lists.nasa.gov with “subscribe” in the subject line.

hannahkb4
Answers: 0

Re: Mosaic of multiple products

by hannahkb4 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:32 pm America/New_York

I understand, thanks for your help.