Invalid input specified: please specify a Date range of less then or equal to 366 days.

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
anup_upadhyaya
Answers: 0

Invalid input specified: please specify a Date range of less then or equal to 366 days.

by anup_upadhyaya » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:09 am America/New_York

Hello everyone!
I am interested to download daily Tmax, Tmin and Prcp data for the region surrounding {28-38 (lat) & 72-82 (long), northern hemisphere} in netcdf format. However, I get this error every time I click on the submit button "Invalid input specified: please specify a Date range of less then or equal to 366 days." Can anyone help me here? Thanks.

Tags:

ASDC - ingridgs
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert
Answers: 1

Re: Invalid input specified: please specify a Date range of less then or equal to 366 days.

by ASDC - ingridgs » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:57 am America/New_York

Dear user,

In order to better help you, can you please let us know what dataset or project are you trying to access and from which service/ tool/ URL are you trying to access it from?

Thank you,

anup_upadhyaya

Re: Invalid input specified: please specify a Date range of less then or equal to 366 days.

by anup_upadhyaya » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:34 am America/New_York

Hello,
I am trying to access and download long term daily maximum and minimum temperature and daily precipitation data for the coordinates { 28-38 decimal degrees (latitude) & 72-82 decimal degrees (longitude) } in netcdf format from https://power.larc.nasa.gov/data-access-viewer/

ASDC - ingridgs
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert

by ASDC - ingridgs » Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:28 am America/New_York

Dear user,

You can access the data you are seeking via the POWER Data Access Viewer.
https://power.larc.nasa.gov/data-access-viewer/
You can input directly the coordinates in step 3, or click on the map to create a coordinate point.
In step 5 you can select the output file format.
In order to not get a Time Extent error message, make sure you do select your time extent in step 4.

Regards,

anup_upadhyaya

by anup_upadhyaya » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:42 am America/New_York

Dear Sir,

I am doing exactly as you say however once I put all the details and click on submit button I get this error "Invalid input specified: please specify a Date range of less then or equal to 366 days."

Can you help me?

ASDC - cheyenne.e.land
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert

by ASDC - cheyenne.e.land » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:18 pm America/New_York

Hello,

In Step 4 you can select a Start and End time between 01/01/1981 – Near Real Time (NRT) formatted as (MM/DD/YYYY) to access data for selected parameters. Be sure to view the data availability per model/parameter as some models are available before others.

To view the data availability click here and scroll down until you see the title Data Availability.

For more instructions on how to use the Data Access Viewer, click here.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
ASDC User Services