how to read data from meteorological data in ocean color auxilary file using python

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
jianwang
Answers: 0

how to read data from meteorological data in ocean color auxilary file using python

by jianwang » Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:45 am America/New_York

i am interested in atmospheric correction using 6s model at present.in setting atmosphere pressure, i have got the problem. i download the meteorological climate data from auxilary file in ocean color website. the data is hdf format and it is dealt as month average data. i read data using python, but i just got the first month data, i cannot get the other month data.i just use Envi to open data, it include 12 month data. maybe ,i am the beginner and i canot solve the problem, i hope to ask for help! thanks your answer!

Tags:

OB General Science - guoqingw
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert
Answers: 0

Re: how to read data from meteorological data in ocean color auxilary file using python

by OB General Science - guoqingw » Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:39 pm America/New_York

Are you referring to the meteorological climatology data (met_climatology_v2014.hdf from https://oceancolor.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/ancillary/)? For this file, yes, there are 12 months' data. For all the months from Feb - Dec., the different parameters' name should include "_Month", such as "z_wind_mean_February", "z_wind_mean_March". If this doesn't help, please include more information: such as your python code.