Unable to download GEDI data from Earth Data portal

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
t_jucker
Answers: 0

Unable to download GEDI data from Earth Data portal

by t_jucker » Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:11 am America/New_York

Hello,
I put in a request through the Earth Data portal to download some level 2 GEDI data yesterday. The request is now listed as complete and ready to download, but when I try to do this I get a time out error telling me the page cannot be reached. I've tried from a few different computers with different internet connections, as well as browsers, but with no luck. I've also noticed that the issue also applies to all my previous data requests, which I was alble to download without a problem in the past. Is the LP DAAC server down for maintenance by any chance? If not, any suggestions on how to fix this?
Cheers,
Tommaso

Tags:

colleen_spalding

Re: Unable to download GEDI data from Earth Data portal

by colleen_spalding » Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:55 pm America/New_York

I'm also having the same issue. I've come here to try seek solutions. If I find a solution I'll share.
Cheers
Colleen

ASDC - ingridgs
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert
Answers: 1

by ASDC - ingridgs » Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:10 am America/New_York

Users @colleen_spalding, and @t_jucker ,

LPDAAC is looking into the issue you have encountered and will get back to you shortly.

Regards,

LP DAAC - jwilson
User Services
User Services
Answers: 1

by LP DAAC - jwilson » Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:21 am America/New_York

@colleen_spalding, and @t_jucker,
Sorry for the issues with accessing GEDI through Earthdata. Presently, we are not completely sure what is causing the issue, but it is most certainly being addressed. What we do know is this issue only pertains to GEDI data that is requested using the "Customize" option when ordering through Earthdata. The Customize option accesses the data from our Data Pool and sends it to another server for processing; and accessing it from this server is where the problem lies. We believe it is a firewall issue, and are working to resolve this as quickly as possible.
We have forwarded your inquiry to our Subject Matter Expert for further guidance.
Thanks for your patience.
LP DAAC

LP DAAC - lien
User Services
User Services

by LP DAAC - lien » Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:55 pm America/New_York

Hello,
The firewall issue that had been causing the download problems has been resolved. Please try it again if you haven't and let us know if it still is being a problem.
Thanks,
LPDAAC