Error in Level 1&2 Browser

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
jsturner
Answers: 0

Error in Level 1&2 Browser

by jsturner » Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:47 am America/New_York

Hello, I am encountering an error in the Level 1&2 Browser. When I try to narrow the time selection by clicking above the map and entering start and end date, as soon as I click "continue" or "finish" a screen appears. The error screen reads "404 Not Found nginx." Once, I somehow magically got past the time selection step, but after entering coordinates and sensors, when I clicked "find swaths" the exact same error message appeared. Any advice on how to proceed would be much appreciated!
Thanks,
Jessie
jturner@uconn.edu

Tags:

OB.DAAC - amscott
User Services
User Services
Answers: 1

Re: Error in Level 1&2 Browser

by OB.DAAC - amscott » Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:32 pm America/New_York

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your issue, but we will need specifics so we can try to duplicate your error. It sounds like you entered dates from clicking the link above the map vs using the calendar below the map. Is that true? What mission(s) and dates did you combine/try?

OB.DAAC - SeanBailey
User Services
User Services
Answers: 1

Re: Error in Level 1&2 Browser

by OB.DAAC - SeanBailey » Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:36 pm America/New_York

Jessie,
It is likely an intermittent issue with the webserver communicating with the script. We'll look to see if there is something we can identify as the root cause, but as it is not a persistent problem, you should just try again.

If you don't need to visualize the browse files for your query, you could also try the https://search.earthdata.nasa.gov tool.
Or even dive deep into command-line searches with the CMR API (https://cmr.earthdata.nasa.gov/search) :D Admittedly, that one - while nifty - does have a bit more of a learning curve.

Sean