HEG installation

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
ramchandra.vet
Answers: 0

HEG installation

by ramchandra.vet » Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:19 am America/New_York

I have windows 11 and i tried installing HEG all steps went well except batch files are not displayed as .bat. It displays install not install.bat similarly HEG Tool not HEG Tool.bat. But in zipped folder it displays as .bat for same file though not so after extraction. It displayed HEG installed successfully but no program files can be seen added in control panel program files. When double clicked on HEG Tool batch file (not displayed as .bat) no new window appeared to use HEG Tool for converting HDF file to GeoTIFF image file.
I look forward to suggestions.

Tags:

ASDC - ingridgs
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert
Answers: 1

Re: HEG installation

by ASDC - ingridgs » Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:24 pm America/New_York

Thank you for contacting the Earthdata Forum.

We will forward your question to the “HGE Tool” team for a definitive answer.
We will contact you when we receive a response from them.

Thank you,

ASDC - ingridgs
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert
Answers: 1

Re: HEG installation

by ASDC - ingridgs » Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:44 am America/New_York

@ramchandra.vet

The HGE TOOL Team answered the following:
- On Windows 11, it is a preference setting to show the extensions. To show file extensions on Windows 11, open File Explorer (Windows key + E). Click on View, select Show, and choose the “File name extensions” option. Or open “Folder Options” and clear the “Hide extensions for known file types” option
- We have not tested the HEGTool application on Windows 11, but we don't see a reason for it not to run. Usually, if the java path is not right or if there is some reason that the HEGTool is failing the window will not show up. You can run the bat file manually on a command prompt window so you can see any errors and then correct the issue.

Hope that helps.