Suggested modification curl in LAADS Linux Shell Script

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
dalden
Answers: 0

Suggested modification curl in LAADS Linux Shell Script

by dalden » Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:28 pm America/New_York

This is a suggested modification to the usage of curl in the LAADS Linux Shell Script

I was working on downloading data using the LAADS Linux Shell Script (https://ladsweb.modaps.eosdis.nasa.gov/tools-and-services/data-download-scripts/#shell) and kept running into issues where my connection would be interrupted requiring me to restart the download. With the script from the website all the files would be redownloaded and any partially downloaded files would be skipped.

In the do loop for downloading the files I added "-C -" option to the curl command to continue/recover downloads saving the overhead of redownloading files, and completing downloads on any partial files.

Tags:

LAADS_UserServices_M
User Services
User Services
Answers: 1

Re: Suggested modification curl in LAADS Linux Shell Script

by LAADS_UserServices_M » Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:48 am America/New_York

@dalde Thanks very much for the suggestion. We will forward this to the relevant team to include in the directions.
Regards,
LAADS User Services

To receive news from LAADS DAAC direct to your inbox, email laadsdaac-join@lists.nasa.gov with “subscribe” in the subject line.