how can i export mask pixel in seadas 8.2?

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
claraclarita
Answers: 0

how can i export mask pixel in seadas 8.2?

by claraclarita » Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:41 am America/New_York

i cant export mask pixel using my chlorophyll-a data from ocean color. whilst when i did it with my sst data, it worked perfectly fine. i also already try done it with creating the land, coastal, water mask at first and still turned out like the one i attached below. can anyone help me? thank you!
Attachments
seadas.png
seadas.png (447.21 KiB) Not viewed yet

Tags:

OB SeaDAS - knowles
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert

Re: how can i export mask pixel in seadas 8.2?

by OB SeaDAS - knowles » Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:11 am America/New_York

Could you clarify further specifically what you are trying to do and the steps which you are doing that fail? I don't see anything wrong with the screenshot image in your post.

Here's some possibilities:

* If you wish to export data in text format use Pixel Extraction Tool (Raster > Export > Export Pixel Values) which has masking functionality

* If you wish to apply the mask to the image view, then right click on the band in the File Manager and select "Properties" and edit the "Valid Pixel Expression" to use the mask, and then turn off the mask visibility in the "Layer Manager". You can export the image by right-clicking on the image and selecting "Export View as Image".

* If you wish to export a mask expression then in the Mask Manager select the mask by highlighting it (not with the checkmark) and then select the "export mask" button to the right
Screen Shot 2022-12-07 at 7.57.57 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-12-07 at 7.57.57 AM.png (4.46 KiB) Not viewed yet

claraclarita

by claraclarita » Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:38 am America/New_York

hello! sorry for not clarifying further before. the option 'export mask pixel' can not be chosen for my chlorophyll-a data, i wished to export it to a txt format data. whilst when i did it with my sst data, the option was available and can be clicked. let me attach the one when the 'export mask pixel' option is not available to be clicked
Attachments
seadas 2.png
seadas 2.png (456.04 KiB) Not viewed yet

OB SeaDAS - knowles
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert

by OB SeaDAS - knowles » Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:21 pm America/New_York

This appears to be a bug in this particular tool specific for level3 files. A workaround seems to be that after you have created the masks in your level-3 file then you can save the file by right clicking on the file name and selecting "Save Product". This will convert your file into a BEAM-DIMAP formatted file. Then close the file and load in the saved BEAM-DIMAP file. The reloaded file should now load in with a "Mask" folder as viewed in the File Manager. At this point you can use the "Export Mask Pixels" feature.

If this doesn't work, it is also possible to export mask pixels using the Pixel Extraction Tool (Raster > Export > Export Pixel Values)