Ladsweb download problems

Use this Forum to find information on, or ask a question about, NASA Earth Science data.
earthengine_urs
Answers: 0

Ladsweb download problems

by earthengine_urs » Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:49 pm America/New_York

Hi,

Did something recently change about the way LAADS authentication works? Normally, NASA files can be downloaded with:
wget --keep-session-cookies --load-cookies ~/.urs_cookies --save-cookies ~/.urs_cookies --auth-no-challenge=on
(assumung ~/.netrc contains the credentials).

This no longer works for LAADS, but it still works for LPDAAC.

I noticed that the first time I go to a LAADS download URL in the browser, I get the "Login" button even I'm already logged in to EarthData.

Thanks,
Simon

Tags:

LAADS_UserServices_M
User Services
User Services
Answers: 1

Re: Ladsweb download problems

by LAADS_UserServices_M » Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:33 am America/New_York

Dear Simon:
Are you using Earthdata Login token or LAADSWeb login token in your download script Authorization header?
Earthdata login tokens will not work with any of our sites. You need to use a LAADSWeb token when you send the Authorization headers in your scripts. We are working with Earthdata to address this, but no timeframe has been set for resolution yet. Yes, you need to log in to ladsweb even if you are logged in to Earthdata search page.

If you are using an Earthdata provided download script, it will not work with our sites for a number of reasons, mainly because of the incompatible authentication process it uses.
Regards,
LAADS User Services

To receive news from LAADS DAAC direct to your inbox, email laadsdaac-join@lists.nasa.gov with “subscribe” in the subject line.

earthengine_urs
Answers: 0

by earthengine_urs » Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:03 pm America/New_York

Thank you, noted. Do these tokens expire?

LAADS_UserServices_M
User Services
User Services
Answers: 1

by LAADS_UserServices_M » Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:42 am America/New_York

No, these tokens do not expire.
Regards,
LAADS User Services

To receive news from LAADS DAAC direct to your inbox, email laadsdaac-join@lists.nasa.gov with “subscribe” in the subject line.